Auricular acupuncture is an effective therapeutic technique, which can be used as a stand-alone treatment or as a part of the patient’s recovery program. Over the past few years there have been an increase in the use of auricular acupuncture by healthcare professionals for the management of musculoskeletal disorders, mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, anger management, ADHD and pain management. Further, auricular can be used effectively alongside conventional medicine to address weightless, smoking cessation, drug and alcohol addictions.
Who is the course for?
The course is designed for therapists who are qualified in medical acupuncture, dry needling, massage and other physical therapists who want to extend their clinical knowledge and skills.
What will I learn?
- Health and safety in the application of auricular acupuncture
- Anatomy and nerve supply of the ear
- Practical needling skills of the ear to allow you to treat in confidence.
- Practical location and function of over 50 auricular points.
- Evidenced-based treatment protocol for weight-loss, pain management, smoking cessation, addictions, stress and anxiety, depression, ADHA and a range of musculoskeletal disorders.
- How to use semi-permanent auricular needles, seeds, magnets, and laser.
How long is the course?
The course is over two day with additional online training. The online training allows the workshops to be primarily practical with all presentations presented online. This gives you the benefit to learn at your own pace in the comfort of your own home.